Air Catcher

It's been one of those weeks.

With a silster home for the three-day weekend and staying up with her watching The Man From Snowy River. With George Bernard Shaw's Mrs. Warren's Profession to finish by Tuesday morning, when an essay test is scheduled.
With a ten-plus-page, twenty-plus-sourced research paper on the attack on Pearl Harbor due on Wednesday at 2:50 p.m.
Yes, I have a marked talent for including really weird poses in my outfit posts.
With lab assignments due Thursday, videos to watch and articles to read, and a quiz to take by Wednesday at 11:55 p.m. And a presentation on the warning signs for ice storms and how to prepare for them due by Thursday at 11:55 p.m.
With extra notes to take and the final acts of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest to read. With constant stressing over outcomes of essays and papers and asking God to help you stop thinking about it so that, at 3:00 a.m., you can hopefully be asleep so you're ready to wake up at 7:00 a.m.
Sometimes it seems impossible to catch a break.

Yesterday I spent five solid hours (literally--I counted) adding citations and information to my research paper. I wasn't in bed with the lights out till two-thirty this morning. And I've been wanting to take outfit photos for ages, been wanting to post--but there are so many conundrums to creating a fashion post. Where can I take the pictures with good lighting and where people other than my mom and sister aren't going to see me? What if it's windy and my skirt blows around in an unflattering manner/my tripod threatens to fall down? How long will it take me to get two or three focused photos? What if, in spite of all my attempts, every single photo is totally unflattering? What if the photos look focused on the screen but are proven blurry once I can see them on the computer? Sigh. Blogging consistently is a rough thing to commit to when you're a full-time student or have a full-time job. I guess that's why it so often gets shifted to the back-burner, even when you'd rather do nothing else. But . . . I should stop philosophizing (without really being philosophical) now and get to the outfit details :)

This was actually a step out of my comfort zone, mostly because 1) if you can't see them, I'm wearing orange on my fingernails, which kind of screams for the attention the red blouse is getting; and 2) I would consider both red blouse and lace cardigan "statements" (not to mention the orange nail polish!), so to me, they kind of vie for attention. What do you think? Would you have worn the combination together?

anchor earrings gift ($0)
red blouse gift, by jockey ($0)
lace cardigan fred meyer, by eyeshadow ($17)
orange nail polish walgreens, by wet 'n' wild wild shine, in "sunny side up" ($.99)
skirt handmade ($0)
shoes kmart, by bongo ($20)
wardrobe essentials in this look amazingly, none

Here's a peek into my research paper (which, by the way, is not due until next Wednesday--a blessing and a relief, considering that the history class's syllabus specifically says that the paper is due in week nine, and I would have to scram to get it finished and all proofread and polished):

Comments

  1. pretty pretty!! Your hair is gorgous. I like the soft, "worn" look, (as opposed to every hair perfectly pulled and smoothed. ;)

    You look AMAZING in red. :)

    My mama insists that it's one of the colors that looks really good on me; but I've always been a little timid when it comes to my wardrobe, so I didn't used to wear bright colors that much. But recently mom bought me a bright red t shirt, (almost the same color of yours,) and I took the hint. (mom likes me in red. lol)
    So several times recently I have worn an outfit very similar to this. I wear my new and favorite little black jacket, (it's like half length, if that makes sense, and has half sleeves) and then the red tee, and my black maxi. So it's not that outgoing, but it does incorporate the shirt. :) I LOVE the neckline on yours, super feminin!!

    so, YES, I'm a fan of this outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love soft hairstyles too--I've never really understood all those peeps who are compulsive about getting rid of flyaways ;)

      Aww, I think you would look great in red! You should wear it sometime around me and I can wear mine (perhaps) and we can be twins for the day :)

      Oooh, interesting! You should take pictures and show me and we can compare them :)

      Haha, actually, that neckline is MUCH too low, I think. We already had to sew it up further TWICE, and I think it needs a third time. In that last picture I actually tucked in the side of the neckline--it makes it much more modest to wear. But anyway, yes, I need to alter that soon :)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure you're overthinking it... I'd wear red with orange fingernails anyday. But then I am NOT a fashion icon in any way shape or form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please. I am a fashion blogger, not a fashion icon. I don't know; the orange just seemed a little weird with the red. I guess it's just because I'm not used to so many different colors at the same time--and I tend to be a stickler about matching/complementing nail polishes with outfits.

      Delete
  3. i agree that red is a fabulous color on you...and I also think all your poses are really cute and you look natural and charming and happy. The second photo did make me giggle a little because it appears that you have only one (sideways) leg.
    And I'm with Hallz... personally I don't think colors have to match perfectly, but I completely understand that coordination is more important to others, so you should go with what makes you happiest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks, Laurz! haha, the second one made me laugh too. I was wondering what exactly I had done with my other leg--but if you look really hard you can see my other toe poking out :)

      Delete
  4. What a pretty, ladylike outfit! I just started following you on the Modcloth style gallery. I'm glad to discover your blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paulina, this means so much! Thank you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment