Hallie Joanna



This is my sister. She's probably the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, she's my bestest friend, and she knows Jesus and His Word in a way that's been such a testimony to me. When I'm having trouble with my English homework, this is where I turn, because Hallie's been through it all--from biting knuckles at thinking about your in-class essay which you're pretty sure you just failed to the exhilaration that comes from finding out you aced it. When I'm on an emotional upheaval, she's always there to listen and help. And then there are the times when I can be stupid with her like I could be with nobody else, and we scream with laughter at each others' vocal talent or jokes or facial expressions or stories. Having to live apart from her for most of the last two years has been hard, but being with her--as I got to be Memorial Day weekend--is a blessing.

Hallie's fashion sense is one of my favorites. Instead of focusing on filling her wardrobe with neutrals, as I am wont to do, she purchases what looks good to her and on her. She has a knack for finding deals and withholding herself from paying too much for any item, but that doesn't stop her from buying some of the prettiest pieces I've seen (especially this dress!). I texted her today to ask her her best fashion advice, to which she replied: "Be confident. What you wear is often a creative statement of who you are, so when you have confidence in yourself as you are, that statement comes across so much more clearly and effortlessly! 'But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?"' Romans 9:20."
maxi dress ross, by andrea missy ($7.49)
denim jacket jcpenney, by arizona jean co. ($14.99)
earrings fred meyer ($3.50)
locket gift ($0)
boots famous footwear ($60)
wardrobe essentials in this look denim jacket, flat brown boots

Comments

  1. *blushing over here*
    I only wish I were as kind as you paint me.
    Love you silster!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) But you always try to help, my friend. Love you and miss you!

      Delete
  2. Love this colorful ensemble! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it lovely? A great transition between winter and spring!

      Delete
  3. so colorful and beautiful! I LOVE that jacket. :) Her hair is the perfect messy bun!

    i already love this series, Hannah. They're so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the entire ensemble, particularly the jacket :) The dark wash makes it so much more sophisticated (I really need to get one like it). And I loved her hair that day! It was so pretty.

      Delete

Post a Comment