Saturday, June 21, 2014

#1maxi3days | Day 2

Styling a maxi skirt when you're tall is hard.
Styling a maxi skirt when you're tall with a boxy unisex tee is even harder.
Let's just say this outfit didn't turn out the way I'd hoped--but oh well. This challenge is supposed to be a learning experience, right?
One tip for wearing really unflattering tees: tying them up may give them a more feminine shape. However, if you do go the "tie-it-up" route, I would suggest making sure your t-shirt is even bigger than just a "normal" oversized, because that will be more flattering for you. Also, I was very inspired by Ashley at Bramblewood Fashion's #1maxi3days | Day 2 post--her outfit was remarkably similar to mine, but she wore a much more feminine tee. So if I do repeat an outfit like this, I might just go out and buy a shirt like Ashley's. :)
earrings gift ($0)
tee rodeo Bible camp ($0)
cami gift, by george ($0)
bracelet gift, by mudlove ($0)
nail polish fred meyer, by wet 'n' wild megalast, in "i red a good book" ($1.99)
shirt tie-up gift, by mudlove ($0)
skirt fred meyer, by great northwest: indigo ($11.98)
shoes kmart, by bongo ($10)
wardrobe essentials in this look neutral cami, neutral maxi skirt, neutral "flatwalkers"
Remember that if you haven't yet submitted a question for my Q & A 2014, the link is right here! The interrogation (haha) will only stay open till July 1st :)

12 comments :

  1. so very cute! I have just the opposite problem..my maxi's are always too long! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abbey :) I only WISH I had that problem. Gah. But I know it's frustrating either way :)

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely Hannah! I sometimes have that same problem, but I'm on the shorter end of tall so not always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren :) I'm not incredibly tall, but still-- Plus I think pear shapes like myself often have the problem of skirts riding up ;) Unfortunately....

      Delete
  3. simple but comfy. :) I like outfits like this.

    Inspired by the link you told me about/sent me I am wearing my black maxi as a dress to day. AND IT FEELS SO COMFORTABLE JUST LIKE PAJAMAS!!! :) I actually wore a black sports bra with thick straps, and safety pinned the skirt to the my straps to ensure that it wouldn't slip down at all. ;) And then I wore my chambray shirt over the top, folded up in the back and tied in the front. It's cute, and oh so effortless. THANK YOU!!! (I got so hot this afternoon too, so I just took off the chambray shirt and it looks like a dress with thick straps at the top. ;p I wouldn't have worn it like that normally, but my brothers are all gone this afternoon and I'm not going anywhere, so nobody cares. :)

    I WILL SEE YOU IN SIX DAYS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YAY! I'm glad that worked for you :) I canNOT wait to get a chambray top because they look so beautiful and all my fellow fashion bloggers have them ... and I don't ;) Someday I'll have to try that with mine.

      I can't wait to see you, my friend :) Things have been awfully dull around here.

      Delete
  4. I really like the dark and light layers in this ensemble. I think it looks very cute and casual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Jill! That's nice to hear :)

      Delete
  5. Great casual look! I typically have the opposite problems with maxi skirts and dresses! They are too long on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! (That is so unfair, btw. Haha :))

      Delete