My 2014 Wedding Attire Picks

To my mind, the month of May officially ushers in the wedding season. Since May has come and gone now, I thought I'd share some picks for wedding attire--from white-tie down to casual. 
Wedding attire 
 No 1 -- This full-length gown is attire for a white- or black-tie event. Typically, to attend a white- or black-tie wedding, choose a neutral full-length gown -- black or gray is a good option. This navy blue is dark enough to be considered elegant. Accessorize it with possibly a string of pearls or a pretty bracelet. Don't go too heavy on the accessories with a lace-top dress like this one, or you'll detract from its natural elegance.
No 2 -- Wear this mid-length dress to a formal wedding. (Just, maybe, don't spend the $1,620 on this one. Go out and find something a little cheaper. . . .) Unlike a white- or black-tie, this event doesn't require a full-length gown, but the effect should still be pretty simple. Elegance, remember, is key.
No 3 -- This is attire for the typical middle-class church folks. (I've never attended anything but a casual wedding.) Basically, wear what you'd wear to church or work. Accessorize it as you'd like, but, again, remember that too many accessories tends to render a more immature appearance :)

What to stay away from -- Obviously, anything white. (A little bit of white in an outfit of separates is probably fine. Also, some advise you to stay away from the wedding colors--having been in a wedding party myself now and seen a person almost match the wedding party, I can understand the advice. Still, don't let it worry you. It's really the bride's day, not her party's. :))

Comments

  1. I absolutely love the lace one! I can't believe how much it is! That's like what I spend on clothes for an entire year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't that one gorgeous? And the price! Like, ultra-designer wear there. . . . It's probably the type that Kate Middleton would buy ;)

      Delete
  2. Oo! That first dress is gorgeous! Gotta' love some classy fashion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) Polyvore has the most expensive things however.

      Delete
  3. My favorite is the first one. I think it would be fun to go to a black tie wedding. :)

    I don't remember someone matching ya'll at the wedding... must have been interesting for them to realize they looked like the bridal party:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'd love to make it to a white/black-tie wedding someday. I would feel bad for the family, though, because those cost SO much.

      Yes, that was interesting :) But it was all good. Her dress was very, very pretty, and it really shouldn't have mattered -- I tend to be a little too critical at times, if you haven't discovered that yet :) Still, if you think about it, it is a little weird -- if you know the colors ahead of time, it looks almost as if you're trying to be included in the party or something. . . .

      Delete

Post a Comment