Tuesday, July 22, 2014

2014 Girlfriend Gift Guide

You know how you stress about buying the perfect gift for your girlfriends, sisters, or mom? It's really not that hard--and it doesn't have to be that expensive either. Here are a few different gift ideas you can mix and match to your satisfaction.

1. My brother generously gave me a Camelbak water bottle he found on the Oregon State University campus when nobody claimed it off Craigslist. And I love it. It makes hydration so much quicker and easier. This makes a great gift for the busy girl.
2. Who doesn't love a good lip balm? And Burt's Bees lip balms are all-natural, inexpensive products that last a loooong time. The Mango Butter one is my personal favorite.
3. My bestest buddy loves Starbucks. And with good reason :) There are a plethora of drinks there and you can customize your own to make it taste like Nutella or apples. Just go on Pinterest to find what shots to ask for :)
4. Who's your bestie's favorite superhero? My sister loves Batman. I love Captain America. Or, what fandom is she a part of? Is she a Whovian? Sherlockian? Tolkienite? Is she a Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw?
5. Okay--best gifts ever! 'Nuff said. Just--figure out her favorite clothing store. JCPenney is one of my favorites. Ross and TJ Maxx are others.
6. Jewelry is inexpensive but gorgeous. Consider adding it to your gift box.
7. Lastly, a scarf is one of my favorite ways to accessorize. They tend to make an outfit look more put-together than a simple necklace does. And they come in so many different colors, shapes, and patterns. 

What's your favorite way to surprise your best friends?

8 comments :

  1. Should I consider this your discreetly advertised birthday list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, not exactly :) That's not why I did it. I was more afraid that people would think, "Oh, now I can expect her to give me all this stuff on my birthday." :P

      Delete
    2. Lolz that's not what I thought at all.

      Delete
  2. I love my camelback! These are all great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I know, I love mine too! It makes drinking water so much easier.

      Delete
  3. Scarfs are such a great idea! These are all great picks though!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete