Saturday, July 12, 2014

Closet Inventory - July 2014

After seeing this idea over on I do deClaire and A Journey in Style, I decided I'd love to do it over here. I also thought it might be cool to do this twice a year (April and October, though I know this particular one will be coming in July)--that way I can see where I've improved or worsened. . . . :)

Note: This only includes clothing I would wear "out," as I usually wear very casual clothing at home because I live on a farm, go outside a lot in the summer, and have simply gotten into the habit. Also, this won't include any jewelry, though I will include belts, hats, and scarves.

Tops
T-shirts: 9
Blouses: 2
Button-downs: 1
Sweaters: 7
TOTAL: 19

Bottoms
Jeans: 1
Capris: 1
Shorts: 1
Slacks: 2
Skirts: 14
TOTAL: 19

Dresses
Maxi: 0
Midi: 4
Formal: 1
TOTAL: 5

Shoes
Ballet flats: 1
Heels/wedges: 3
Sandals/flip flops: 0
Boots: 0
Flatwalkers: 1 
TOTAL: 5

Outerwear
Winter coats: 1
Blazers: 2
Cardigans: 3
Jackets: 2
TOTAL: 8

Certain Accessories
Scarves: 7
Belts: 2
Hats: 2
TOTAL: 11

GRAND TOTAL: 67

I have to say I'm surprised that I only have that many skirts (which is plenty--three of them I've never worn before!). For some reason I thought I had way more than that. The same with sweaters. I collect sweaters like a miser, so seven was definitely less than I expected.

Have you ever done one of these before?

6 comments :

  1. I tremble to think how much I have. Although if you're not including regular Tshirts I might be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if I included all my jewelry and stay-at-home clothes and workout regalia the number would probably be pretty crazy. I doubt you have much more than I do though :)

      Delete
  2. wow, I don't think I would be brave enough to publish something like this on the internet. haha. Even listing my shoes would be embarrassing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading inventory posts! That is an extremely reasonable overall number! Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know--they're so fun! You're welcome :) Haha, personally I'd love to have more, but whatever. I should be content with what I have :)

      Delete