Monday, July 14, 2014

My Top 5 Wardrobe Essentials

Neutral T-Shirt - A must-have for the times when you buy a skirt and you think its patterns will go with nothing you own. For best results, buy this in black or gray.
Little Black Dress - Probably the best addition to my wardrobe ever! Perfect for church, a date, or ushering at an event. Note: I don't consider the short bodycon dresses appropriate for church, nor do I consider them in any way modest.
Dark Wash Jeans - Most likely the most important essential to have in anyone's wardrobe. If your family prefers skirts, a dark wash maxi skirt in denim is a great choice.
Neutral Midi Skirt - This can be an afterthought once you have your LBD, but they are very versatile and I love mine.
Black Heels - Or, if you prefer, black ballet flats. Heels are more classy, however. And can be worn with a dress or jeans--or, if you're extremely adventurous, with shorts. . . .
I hope you enjoyed this! What are your top five wardrobe essentials?

6 comments :

  1. What do you mean if your family prefers skirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Since I was homeschooled and I blog and follow blogs like Fresh Modesty and Bramblewood Fashion, I tend to attract a lot of girls of the same mold. These families often prefer to have their girls wear skirts because they believe it's more modest, and they believe in modesty as part of their Christianity. I hope that clarified that :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Great five essentials, Hannah. I think I need to get one of those maxi dresses in black. I have a couple, but neither are in black, and well, black is an essential. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never actually owned a maxi dress. I love maxi skirts, though! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Great essentials! I love a neutral cardigan or blazer, too! But then I am always cold! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I should have included that! Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete