Thursday, August 28, 2014

On A Day Like Today


This morning was just a little stressful. I finished moving the irrigation pipe just after nine, came back and ate breakfast (well, drank it--I had a smoothie) while writing some of my research paper, then worked out to Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (which I love--Hallie and I, Hallie especially, have kind of gotten to be Jillian freaks), then after my shower worked on my essay some more, after which Mozilla promptly decided that it was going to pretty much stop working. Which was great. I managed to submit it though--on my parents' laptop instead of mine.

The outfit for today is very simple; I have trouble making summery outfits interesting, because they're supposed to be so layer-free. My necklace, if you notice it, has a little gold horse on it. What do you usually do for summer outfits?
earrings gift ($0)
necklace gift ($0)
bag bass, by g.h. bass and co. ($28)
nails gift, by wet 'n' wild megalast, in sugar coat ($0)
graphic tee jcpenney, by made for life ($7?)
jeans thrifted, by merona ($5.99)
heels gift, by comfort plus ($0)
wardrobe essentials in this look neutral large bag, dark wash jeans, black heels

6 comments :

  1. simple but still stylish. :) (I originally typed "style stylish..." oops, my brain was rebelling for a minute or something. :)

    I struggle with making "cool" outfits cute... Most days it's just too much effort. :) Today my outfit is remarkably similar to yours, a simple tee-shirt and a dark denim skirt.. I didn't bother to put on any jewelry or makeup today.

    i'm sorry this morning was frustrating. I hope tomorrow is simple and relaxed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't know what it is with these outfits, but winter clothes just seem so much easier to style, and so much classier! *sigh* I need to take lessons from Fresh Modesty & Bramblewood Fashion or something--they always seem to look good, even on hot days :)

      Thanks. I hope tomorrow is that way too. I tend to get stressed out too easily, I think.

      Delete
  2. This is actually one of my favorite outfits you've ever done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude seriously? That's interesting.

      Delete
    2. I like how simple it is. Too many layers and accessories and stuff and I start getting dizzy. :P Which I guess is evidenced by how I dress most of the time... I never remember to wear any jewelry except my wedding rings...

      Delete
    3. I don't like tons of accessories either, but didn't think that I usually dress that way. Hmm. I don't know. I LOVE scarves. I don't like necklaces unless they're statements or super long, and I don't have much of those. I'd like to get more bracelets too.

      Delete