Saturday, September 20, 2014

Jemma Simmons

I'm a big MARVEL fan. So when I heard that ABC and MARVEL were working in partnership to create a new TV series called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I was pretty excited. (Btw, Season 2 premieres Tuesday, September 23, at 9/8 central on ABC. But if you haven't seen any so far, you should watch Season 1 first.) Plus the female characters on the show--particularly Simmons--have awesome fashion sense. (Except for Agent May, but I guess leather is pretty fashionable--and being able to run around and punch people in heels is talented.)
Agents of SHIELD Jemma Simmons
via
I love the way she wears a blazer. Adds in a polka-dotted button-down accentuated with a tie at the throat, and looks very businesslike--especially for work in a lab.
Learn all about Agent Jemma Simmons from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with this interview with actress Elizabeth Henstridge! http://marvel.com/news/story/21181/elizabeth_henstridge_reports_for_duty_in_marvels_agents_of_shield.
via
Again here. Oddly enough, I think the Converse and skinny jeans--supposed to "dress down" the blazer and button-down--actually make it look even fancier. Maybe that's the wrong word choice, but I like the effect better than if she wore it with slacks and heels.

That'll be all for now, peeps--I'm having some writer's block lately and tried to get this post up yesterday, but didn't have the inspiration to manage it. Which I don't mind much since I've posted plenty in the last week and a half. See you later!

Do you like Simmons's style or would you change it?

4 comments :

  1. Obsessed with blazers! I love how they are styled with converse too! too cute!
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! Blazers are just so classy. The Converse add some kind of awesomeness to them as well :) I should save up for a pair of Converse. . . .

      Thank you for commenting, Nicole!

      Delete
  2. I just bought season one of this show and am not sure how I've held off watching it thus far. Ugh. Perhaps this weekend I'll get the ball rolling - it looks like a ton of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yay! I can't wait to see your review of it! It tends to drag once in a while, but overall I really like it--especially FitzSimmons--they are the cutest :)

      Delete