Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Looking Forward to Fall

The last four months of the year--September, October, November, and December--are my absolute favorites. September means the end of irrigation, which makes working out in the morning easier.
 October means the falling of leaves, cool but not cold temperatures, and--sweaters! Yahoo!
HE2(2)
By Hallie Jo Photography. Read the photographer's blog here. Book a shoot here.
November means a happy Thanksgiving and the closing of winter term, and December is Christmas and coziness. Coziness is a huge factor in my favoritism in the final third of the year.
The advent of September meant the end of the County Fair, which hit a sentimental spot in my heart this year. For nine consecutive summers, I readied at least one lamb--more often two--to show and sell at the Fair. It meant hours of walking, feeding, shearing, washing, training, taming. . . . And it got to be extremely stressful as I got older. But the Fair was always such a wonderful reward for all the hard work.
I always love to watch the ranchers work their horses. It's so different from watching twenty girls and their show horses--these ranchers have a confidence and comfort in the saddle that can't be matched by the pristine "perfection" of the champion western pleasure horse and his rider. But I digress. . . .
And I'm going to digress still further, because I had to include a shot of one of the biker dudes at the Fair. Their tricks were absolutely incredible. From the rodeo stands, I even caught one of them doing a front flip--on the bike--at this altitude.
This is shaping up to be a very random blog post. But can I just say that I love fall and winter style? I'm so excited to share some fall and winter outfits on the blog in the next few months! Plus I have coming up tomorrow a gorgeous girl displaying her awesome style, and later this week you'll learn the easiest way to get rid of the spammers on your blog...and it doesn't involve word verification! See you then :)

6 comments :

  1. Ah, autumn. It's my most favorite season of all. The sweater weather, the colors, nature, the crisp beauty... just everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--I LOVE it! It's so beautiful and COZY...ah, I love coziness :)

      Thanks so much for commenting, Rissi. It really means a lot!

      Delete
  2. They are my favorite months, too!! I love sweaters, hoodies, and warm, cozy drinks. (=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Ah, a hot chai latte is sooooo good in these months. Thanks for commenting, Mrs. Pedersen!

      Delete
  3. I must agree, these are my favoritest months too. Sweaters, pumpkin spice latte's, gorgeous colors, CUTE CLOTHES, scarves, cool weather perfect for cuddling up and reading good books... not that I don't do that all year round. :) I'll miss the weather in Goldendale very much this fall, I think, (the gorgeous yet crisp fall days.) and the surprising skiffs of snow in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarves! Yes! I love my big cozy scarves.

      I bet that the fall in Vancouver will be pretty gorgeous too. Hood River is just on the edge of the west side, you know, and driving through to Parkdale in October--dude, that is so beautiful. I've never seen a prettier place in fall.

      Delete