Talkin' Loud, Not Sayin' Much

When I first started blogging in September of 2012 over on this blog (hard to believe I've been part of the blogging world for two years now) I did what many bloggers do: I researched scores of different articles talking about how to gain more followers or pageviews. All of them regurgitated the same basic principles, and one of the Ten Commandments of Blogging appeared to be posting often.

This will probably be one of the blooperiest outfit posts I ever do. Because bloopers are awesome.
I figured I should start posting every day. The problem with that is, as only a few articles will tell you, that readers easily get bored with continual content and will quickly move on to the next blog.
This is my impression of Mr. Grinch.
The same with overly-obsessive schedules (or any schedules at all). While it is nice to have one of your favorite blogs blogging consistently again, it isn't nice to feel that their content has grown lackluster because they're now on a regimen. That's happened to my posts before, and it isn't fun to realize.
D E E T S
Maroon Sweater -- Gift, by St. John's Bay
Navy Blue Tee -- JCPenney ($6?)
Nail Polish -- Gift, by Wet 'n' Wild Megalast, in "Bite the Bullet"
Jeans -- JCPenney, by St. John's Bay ($15)
Black Heels --Thrifted, by Nine West ($8)
Wardrobe essentials in this look -- Dark wash jeans, black heels

So don't strive for quantity. Quality is always better. And don't feel bad if you're not perfect. No one is, especially me; and the line between quality and quantity is a hard one for me. 

I gotta get going, peeps. Biology, economics, web graphics and design, and music appreciation are calling my name. I hope you all have an excellent rest of the day--and week.

Comments

  1. Good thoughts. I definitely struggle with posting consistency! Working on it. It's hard though! Inspiration comes in spurts for me.
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. It is hard :) Thanks for commenting, Natasha!

      Delete
  2. Hey there Hannah! Love this post-- it's really thoughtful. I totally agree that some bloggers I used to love have really started doing too many promotional or filler posts, and it's uninspiring. Which is too bad because blogs are supposed to inspire us, right?

    Also, thanks for stopping by Simplicity Relished!! So glad to have you-- please stay in touch and share your thoughts on my post. I love hearing from lovely readers like you <3

    Daisy | Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for stopping by, Daisy! Indeed--those schedules that say "I have to post today, so I might as well do something cheap since I'm tired and don't want to post"--y'know? Very disappointing.

      Oh, no problem! I loved your latest post and look forward to reading more :)

      Delete

Post a Comment