Monday, October 20, 2014

Cool Kids

I really wish I had a 50mm f/1.8 lens. Of course it's wunderbar to have a professional photographer take your pictures too. . . .
Speaking of that photographer. . . .
She is bootiful. A bootiful photographer.
I wear--
DENIM JACKET...Hand-me-down, by Route 66
SCARF...Gift
WATERMELON T...JCPenney ($7?)
DENIM SKIRT...Thrifted, by Tommy Hilfiger ($5.99)
HEELS...Gift, by Comfort Plus

Hallie wears--
BLUE CARDIGAN...Thrifted, by Merona ($3.99?)
CHEVRON BLOUSE...Ross ($6.99)
SKINNY JEANS...Forever 21 ($8?)
BROWN BOOTS...Famous Footwear ($60)
KEY PENDANT...Hallie-made

I usually listen to pop radio on the way down to campus on Mondays and Wednesdays, and lately this song has been streamed a lot on KCGB. I looked up the lyrics just now and was surprised at their depth. Everyone wants to be cool, yet nobody realizes that everybody else thinks everybody else is cool. . . . “I wish that I could be like the cool kids, 'cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.”

8 comments :

  1. all y'all are gorgeous! (and I am insanely jealous of the fact that you get to have a pro photographer take your pictures sometimes. :)

    You know my favorite thing about both your outfits? They're stylish, and well put together, but they look super COMFY. I think cozy and comfy are my favorite styles right now. (i'm starting to get cold and wet over here in the portland/vancouver area. :)

    I am currently wearing a knee length brown dress, (it doesn't "work" exactly with my hips, but it's comfy!) a brown and pink long-sleeve shirt underneath the dress and brown tights. I'm WARM!!
    can you teach me to fishtail braid next time we're together, pretty-please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks :)

      Oh, that's wonderful! I'm glad both of us are wearing outfits that are relatable to and useful for the people who are reading this blog. Seriously, that's a great thing to hear :)

      I'm sure you look adorable as always--your outfit sounds cool (but warm -- haha).

      Yes indeed. I will have to plan on that :) It's SO easy. Seriously. It just takes forever.

      Delete
  2. Loving the outfit! I need to invest in a cute jean jacket. (=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Jean jackets are brilliant. I have two of them as well as a white corduroy one. And seriously, you can find a plethora of them at most thrift stores! It's always nice to pay less :-)

      Delete
  3. Fun fashion posts, as always, Hannah - love the "pop" of bright pink you added. That adds some fun to the blue - Hallie's blouse is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi :) I loved Hallie's outfit! Ross finds are the greatest.

      Delete
  4. I like the denim with pink, also the denim on denim!

    Vintagemoniquereinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monique! I liked it myself :) Thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete