October Faves

Is it really time to do a favorites post already? Dude, it seems like I just wrote one. Time is just flying. I love this season, but I wish sometimes that time wouldn't go quite so fast--and then other times (regarding school) I wish it would. I have half of the term left in front of me and another two to go before I get my degree in June.
Television
Dr. Henry Morgan by Ioan Gruffud - Forever - ABC.com
Forever. I know that I featured this show in my September favorites post, but--I love it. It's just brilliant. If you haven't yet taken the time to watch any of it, I highly encourage you to check it out on Hulu.com or Abc.com. You can watch several episodes for free on those sites. It doesn't look like the future is going to be good for this show unless it can get more viewers--so you should definitely watch it and save it from cancellation!
 [POSTER] 'The Flash' Zips Through Starling City in Official Key Art - Hollywood Reporter
The Flash. I was introduced to this just recently, and it's become one of my absolute favorites--even better than Once Upon A Time or Agents of SHIELD at times. I like that Barry is so young--it makes the show feel more innocent. (And, at least in the first three episodes, there are no questionable scenes.)
Music
“Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift. It grows on you, btw. And I did you a favor and didn't give you the music video, which you would probably hate the first time through.
Beauty
Sarah Jessica Parker's must-have product: Burt's Bees lip balm. See the full interview: http://knowmore.tv/women-2/health-beauty-aging/the-one-beauty-item-sarah-jessica-parker-says-is-the-holy-grail/
Burts' Bees lip products. They're all-natural and so hydrating--and gorgeous. What more could you ask for?
Books
 5 Things I Would Say to My Unpublished Self--The Unlikely Debut of Ellie Sweet comes out in November :D
The Unlikely Debut of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill. I loved this book! It was adorable and at times even genius. I recommend it, though you should probably read The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet beforehand ;)
Blogs
 
How to Have a Healthy and Relaxing Evening” by Class to Closet. This tied right in with my “19 Ways to De-stress as a College Student” post.
 Simplicity Relished
Simplicity Relished. I recently discovered this blog, and I love it! Daisy's posts are thoughtful and genuine, and she shares multiple aspects of her life--from fashion to homemade pasta! :)

What have you been loving this month?

Comments

  1. Yes to Forever, hope it gets a full season order. Haven't watched it again since the pilot, but do heart it. As for The Flash, that is seriously my new go-to addiction for superheroes. Definitely cooler than OUAT though I'm just now starting S.H.I.E.L.D, so I won't pick on that one. Yet. ;)

    Love Burt's Bees. Their products are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! It's not incredibly original, but just so fun to watch--and the acting is great. The Flash has been wonderful so far and I only hope it keeps it up. I very much appreciate Barry's youthful appearance (same with Cisko) even though he's probably near his midtwenties--it's nice to have a show that incorporates young people instead of the normal thirties-and-above (like OUAT & SHIELD).

      Good, I'm glad you've begun SHIELD ... but you probably will find numerous things to “pick”; it's very easy to do with that show unfortunately, though I'm still a big fan.

      Indeed! I love that I can go all-natural with Burts' Bees. Settles my mind a bit ;)

      Thank you as ever for being a part of the conversation, Rissi!

      Delete

Post a Comment