September Faves

Television
 I love how Anderson was the only one who found it impossible to believe that Sherlock Holmes was dead.
Sherlock. Sherlock Holmes has never been created so ingeniously, and never will be again. Benedict Cumberbatch kills it as the self-diagnosed high-functioning sociopath. I seriously love this show and I'm definitely Sherlocked.

The young ladies of Downton Abbey
Downton Abbey. I was a tad apprehensive about watching this series since I know it has several questionable scenes, but I found Rissi's reviews very helpful regarding which episodes had what scene--so I knew when to skip. Still, it's a fabulous drama and I find the lack of intensive plot (think like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Once Upon a Time) refreshing.
"Forever" (2014) - Brand New Show on ABC!
Forever. Again, I was nervous about this because I'd heard it was rated TV14. However, nothing in the pilot episode shocked me, which made me happy. On ABC at 10/9 central on Tuesday nights, this is like a mashup of Doctor Who and Sherlock. Henry might be a little bit too like my beloved Sherlock for my comfort, but it's a good show nonetheless--at least from what I've seen so far. I'm hoping to watch the second episode tonight.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2 poster
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 'Kay, I probably will always really like this show. The season premiere was a bit of a downer/shocker, and from the promo I've seen for the third episode (the second episode premiered last night at 9/8 central on ABC--I probably won't watch it till next week), I think that will be too. I'm just like--WHY did ABC have to crash-course my two favorite S.H.I.E.L.D. agents??
Colin O'Donoghue aka Captain Hook/Killian Jones Once Upon A Time Season 3 posters
Once Upon A Time. I was a bit underwhelmed with the Season 4 premiere, but if I recall correctly that happened with Season 3 as well. Still, I love this show. What can I say.

Film
 A teenager with a secret finds her existence threatened when an authoritarian leader seeks to annihilate her kind to seize control of a divided society.
Divergent. This one was actually up on YouTube; not sure if it still is. It doesn't move at an insane rate like a lot of other action movies (hello, Hunger Games!), so it's not too stressful to sit through.
When Calls the Heart Movie
When Calls the Heart. Not the Hallmark TV series that's gotten really popular (and which is also really good, by the way). This is the movie version. I liked it quite a bit.
Love Begins: Love Comes Softly Vol. 9 (Prequel No.1) - Christian Movie/Film on DVD. http://www.christianfilmdatabase.com/review/love-begins-love-comes-softly-vol-9-prequel-no-1/
Love Begins. I've been into sappy, cliche onscreen romances lately, so I've watched quite a few Hallmark movies that were on YouTube (there are many you can find on that site, by the way, if for some reason you need a good-ish movie to watch). This one I watched while my bestest buddy was over.

There are others I could mention but I won't at the moment :)

Music
 Introducing... The Big Debut! We've made a CD!!!  Love, love, love, love, love!!!
The Big Debut (Boyer Family Singers). I bought this on iTunes last month. It's a pretty spunky CD, and I like it. My favorites are (I've Got A Guy In) Kalamazoo and Bei Mir Bist Du Schon.
 Taylor Swift Photos - Taylor Swift Visits 'The Tonight Show' - Zimbio
Taylor Swift. I've been relistening to her old CDs--Taylor Swift, Fearless, and Speak Now a bit. I still haven't listened to the entirety of Red, but whatevs. I'm sort of excited about her 1987 album, coming out--when? I can't remember. Soon.

Beauty
Felt Tip Eyeliner | FOREVER 21 - 1000076485
Forever 21's Felt Tip Eyeliner. I purchased this in early September and like it a lot. It is much easier to apply than the gel liners.

Fashion
Lavender tee. I felt really comfortable in this, and confident too--which is a must. You don't feel confident in your clothes, then you should consider getting rid of them. I say consider because I don't feel confident in many of my clothes and really do not want to get rid of them.
Forever 21's camis. This isn't an exact replica of mine--mine are more V-necked and cost $1.80 instead of $3.80. But they're pretty awesome. I've never had multiple bright camisoles before, and now I have a blue, dark red, and turquoise.
Ross blouse. I feel pretty amazing in this one too. So I love it :) 

Books
 
Insurgent. I'm liking this one so far. It's a good "I don't have to think" book. It's still not the best in the business, but whatev dude. I'm excited about going to see the movie in March.
 
Master Your Metabolism. I'm a fan of Jillian's workouts, and I've liked this thus far.    

Any and Everything Else
 
Fitz-Simmons: The Movie. SO CUTE. For S.H.I.E.L.D. fans only.     

Comments

  1. Geez you've been watching a ton of movies. I watched The Duchess (questionable content and VERY sad, but well made) and Amazing Grace (awesome and not just because of Benedict Cumberbatch) today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I have watched more movies this month than any other month of the year combined :P Haha not really. I discovered that YouTube has a lot of Hallmark movies, which are good destressing mechanisms.

      I've heard that Amazing Grace is good. I'd never heard of The Duchess, I don't think. Though it does look familiar with Kiera Knightley in it--except she looks the same in everything :P

      Delete
    2. Agreed. You might be thinking of Atonement? It has a similar storyline I believe and it has her in it. Idk.

      Delete
    3. Also this font is SO crispy. What's it called?

      Delete
    4. Possibly. Isn't Atonement based on a pretty famous book? Hmm. Her clothes in The Duchess remind me of the ones in Anna Karenina though.

      UM. This is called... IM Fell English :) I like the IM font family a lot but for some reason never tried this one out . . . and now I love it greatly except that its quotation marks go backwards "like this".

      Delete
    5. Maybe it was Anna Karenina I was thinking of. I'm so confused. All her roles are pretty much the same anyway.
      Poop, the quotation marks think ruins it. But the commas are SO CRISPY.

      Delete
    6. Yupsters.

      I could probs fix the quotation mark with HTML, but then I'd have to write my posts in HTML format instead of Compose. I might just be able to switch it temporarily while I fix the quotation. I dunno.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Where to begin....
    1) I love Sherlock and am really sad they only make them 3 at a time.
    2) I'm glad you are enjoying downton and that you will be all caught up to watch in January!
    3) Thank you for mentioning Forever. He is one of my favorite actors and yet I had not even heard of this show. I promptly sat down and watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them greatly. Yay for a new show to watch!
    4) I'm glad you're a fellow sappy, cliche Hallmark movie watcher! I always watch Hallmark movies when I'm home at Christmas.
    Okay this list is getting ridiculous. I'm going to end it now. :)
    P.S. I really wish I'd been on board with Agents of SHIELD when it started. Now I feel so far behind that it seems somewhat pointless.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited that this post made you excited.
      1) I definitely agree. I can't believe it's only three at a time. I mean . . . really. Everyone loves that show! They should humor us. For once. :)
      2) Me too! I'm excited about Season 5--and especially that it's coming out in three months as opposed to the fifteen we have to wait for Season 4 of Sherlock. :P :)
      3) Ah yes! I'd heard Rissi raving about him over on her blog, but I don't think I've ever seen him in anything! I might have to head over to IMDb to see if I actually have or not. But I'm glad you're enjoying the show. I like it a lot :) I also just watched the first episode of Gotham, which actually starts with the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne and moves on from there. It's dark, and I don't like it enormously. In fact, I never did connect with Batman as well as with any of the Marvel shows. But that's another topic. . . . :)
      4) Hahaha :) I'm glad I'm not the only one too!

      Oh, that is unfortunate :( Hmmm. I don't know how many episodes they keep up on Hulu or ABC at a time--is it five? If you hurried, you might be able to watch the first season on DVD and catch up with the episodes that are online before one disappears. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a FABULOUS post, Hannah; how did I miss it!? ;) Love all your favorites, how you combined them all and reading more about the new shows you've looked into (I'm also really thankful for the shout-out - appreciate that). Yay for Forever and 'Downton.' So much love for those two - I should see if there are more episodes for the former on YouTube or something, cause I did like the pilot. "Shield," I have S1 and haven't - *gasp* - watched it yet. I must remedy that. Also, well said about Divergent. It is far easier to watch because ot its pace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Rissi! I'm glad you liked it. You can find the first three episodes of Forever on Hulu or ABC.com for free--the fourth is on Hulu-Plus or you have to verify your TV provider on ABC to watch it. But I loooove that show and Ioann is growing on me more every time I watch him act ;)

      You really should watch AOS! It might disappoint you at times but I think you will end up liking it as a whole. I just watched the second episode last night and enjoyed it--not as much as I could have, and it didn't have nearly enough scenes of my favorite character, but then, these shows never do . . . haha.

      Yes, I do like The Hunger Games movies and all, but they're just so stressful. I'm hoping that Insurgent won't be too fast-paced when it comes out in March.

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment