The Final Word

The weather here has been so warm.
Like, seriously, it is not the end of August. It's the eighth of October already!

Today I had my first biology exam of the quarter, and I always try to dress up for class--even though I'm pretty sure my classmates think I'm a stuck-up weirdo for doing it. (I'm getting rather ill of the looks I get when I wear skirts and high heels on weekdays. I'm starting to feel more like a spectacle than ever.) So I wore my bow skirt by Hannah Everly, a black cami, and a gray wool jacket. It was actually slightly cool when I left at 11:45, but it is now 77 degrees, who knows how hot it was in The Dalles at 1 p.m., I had just walked up about 45 stairs, I was in a bit of a hurry, and that classroom was baking. And I couldn't take the jacket off during the test because of my tank top. We'd all rather be dead than out of style, right? 
But, anyway . . . I'm sure you have better things to do than read about my lack of fashion sense ;) 

I just had a random thought, and I wonder if you all would help me with it. It's never crossed my mind to ask this of my readers before, oddly enough. The thing is that I have enormous trouble knowing what to make for a healthy lunch. Do you have any suggestions? Oh, and by the way, I would like recipes steering clear of a lot of wheat and dairy, if possible :)

I'm having a rather large lack of inspiration when it's come to writing this post. So, details. . . . Earrings - Gift. I love these blue droplet earrings (I'm actually wearing them right now). Fun fact: I've never bought earrings with my own money before. I actually only personally bought a pair of earrings once, but the money was a graduation present so I could get some things to wear for my graduation ceremony. Jacket - Hand-me-down. I loved the way this jacket pulled the rest of the outfit together. Maroon top - JCPenney, by Decree ($15). Pink cords - Thrifted, by St. John's Bay ($10?). Booties - Ross, by Carlos ($27.99). Nail polish - Gift, by Wet 'n' Wild Megalast in “Bite the Bullet”.

Comments

  1. I'm pretty sure I'd rather be out of style. I despise being hot and gross. But it's really annoying that I can't wear any of my fall clothes yet! Also, today Sam and I raked like 5 MASSIVE piles of leaves and I totally jumped in them. It was great.
    I usually don't know what to eat for lunch either. Sometimes a yogurt, or I have a REALLY good granola bar recipe on my "Tried and True" pinterest board. I eat those a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I want to wear a sweater tomorrow too. :P

      Haha that's auce. we aren't losing leaves very fast over here so we can't jump in them at all but I bet Amy will be happy to jump in them when she goes to your house.

      I like making those healthy granola/cookie recipes too, but sometimes I'm just too lazy.

      Delete
  2. Yes for shades of burgundy. Who doesn't love fall? I am all dressed up in burgundy today myself (nails and new sweater) and it makes it seem MORE like fall. If that's possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Burgundy is a wonderful color, particularly for autumn--I hope that the weather where you are is more conducive to fall clothing than Washington! haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment