November Faves

Television
Green Gables Fables. Okay, this is not exactly television--this is a YouTube web series. And if the name didn't give it away, it's a modern-day adaptation of L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables, which is one of the best children's books/series ever made. Instead of Prince Edward Island, this web series is set in Avonlea, Saskatchewan. So far there have been about 35 episodes, with additions here and there in the form of hacking (hahahaha . . . not the bad kind) or Q & As. They also recently brought Gilbert onto the show, and while I didn't like him that much at first, he's really grown on me. The entire adaptation is very tastefully done and I think you should check it out :)

In Earnest. Again, not television but a YouTube web series :) Again, if the name didn't tell you, this is a modern-day adaptation of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest . . . and SERIOUSLY THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE AWESOMEST THING I HAVE COME ACROSS IN A LONG TIME. Algernon deserves all caps, by the way. He is hilaaaaaaaaaaarious. I haven't laughed so hard over something on the screen for FOREVER. I would even go so far as to call him the best Algernon I've ever seen . . . though I haven't seen too many ;) Check it out. You'll love it. (Though you won't “get it” as much unless you're a literary geek like most of my family/best friends.)
Film
The Nine Lives of Christmas. This is a Hallmark TV movie which is part of the “12 Original Movie Premieres of Christmas” thing Hallmark is doing this year. Finally there is a film centered around cats and not dogs (I am not a dog person). I enjoyed the whole premise a lot. It's a rarity for me to find a Hallmark movie that I actually don't want to end, and this was one of those :)
Beauty
My Lilla Rose flexi. Before this month I hadn't worn this piece, but it's much more versatile than I anticipated.

Very short post in comparison to normal and I could share more, but at this point I won't. :)

What were some of your favorite things about this November?


Comments