Riptide

In case you haven't noticed, a lot of the time I run out of words to say. Well . . . maybe sixty percent of the time . . . or more. And I'm talking relevant words here. Multiple bloggers whom I follow are capable of creating delicious phrases and ensnaring readers in their stories--and their thoughts. And if the successful bloggers I follow don't do that, they're at least able to recap their day (or forecast it) in an enviable way.
My days? They're only exciting if I can view them through a comedic lens. And when you're at home as much as I am, aspects of daily life definitely are not funny. They become routine, and routine quickly ceases to be laughable unless you love it.
What do you do when you're feeling blue about your writing ability? or are struggling to find the balance between vulnerability, professionalism, and “fluffiness”?

Denim Jacket : Hand-me-down, by Route 66
Ruched Red Blouse : Gift, by Jockey
Faux-Denim Skirt : Thrifted, by New York Clothing Company ($10)
Nude Pumps : Gift, by Comfort Plus
Wardrobe essentials in this look : Denim jacket, denim midi skirt, nude pumps
Note: I'm not certain I like the word “pumps.”


Comments

  1. Unfortunately when I have no words.... I just don't write. Which is bad. They say write no matter what but I fail at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then I fail at that epically too. At least I'm not the only one who has this problem. But at least you can be eloquent when you don't have that problem--I don't seem to be good either way.

      Delete
  2. I love what you said about your days, Hannah; that's me too. I mean, I love my life and am happy, but the days aren't "exciting" in comparison to how most people live or the kind of life they crave. The days are only interesting to me and my family. Perhaps this is partially the reason why I don't have a "journal" blog or pour my heart out on the blog. :)

    Love your pink blouse! Looks nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely--I wonder if those people whom we envy think this about their lives as well? I don't think we as bloggers are supposed to compare ourselves to other bloggers, but it seems like there's always someone prettier, more fashionable, spiritually better, more mature--EVERYTHING. But then blogging can be just a face to mask the real self who is struggling with their appearance, their walk with Christ, and/or their maturity. Anyway. That turned into a longish comment :)

      Haha, that is actually red! But for some reason it always comes across pink in photos. I'm not sure why. Maybe the contrast is up too high or too low? I'll try to find a way to fix that next time!

      Delete
  3. I feel you, Hannah! It's easy for me to rant about something or other, but tougher for me to shape it into something that is encouraging or useful to other people- hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! In fact, I was going to insert a few lines on controversy in this blog post, but I didn't because I didn't feel I was being completely truthful. I respect ranting and I like to argue a point, but you're right that it's often not very edifying to others to rant constantly. But, Daisy, you seriously are one of my blogging inspirations--you are so good at blending the thoughtful with the everyday!

      Delete

Post a Comment