When You Say Nothing At All

Yesterday I mulled over my inability to illustrate my life in eloquence, as so many bloggers I follow do. But recently as I perused one blog I follow--and this girl has the cutest style--I noticed that she said absolutely nothing of importance. A few words and the outfit photos.

And I don't want to be like that. The problem is that I realized that I am like that 90% of the time.
As a blogger I want to strive to write thought-provoking, relevant content. I don't want to overload my readers with preachiness, but I don't want to feel as shallow as a puddle. I want to be multi-faceted--able to write funny stories about my life, be succinct and even silent at times, and inspire emotion in other instances. I don't want to talk a lot and say nothing, because at that point it is better to have said nothing.

This was the first time I had an actual fashion photoshoot taken. I had three senior shoots with my personal photographer but I've never had a fashion shoot done, and since my youth pastor's wife is practicing her photography and building her portfolio, we collaborated. 
It was a lot of fun, and afterwards Sarah, my friend Emily, and I went to a pizza place afterward and talked over dinner.
All photos courtesy of Sarah Quilici.

Comments

  1. what a fun post! love a good book! great outfit!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsey! So do I--though lately I haven't read as much as I used to ... reading literature at the collegiate level is a bit of a burn-out. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. cute cute cute cute cute. Tell Sarah i officially approve. She did a lovely job. I'm curious, did she pose you, did you pose yourself or was it a team effort, I love the different poses and stuff, and as you know, that is the very hardest part for me.

    also, i really really like your hair style in these. updo's are so classy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah gets the idea for where the photoshoot will be (in this case it was the library ... obviously ;)) and what it's for (in this case a senior/fashion shoot) and then finds ideas on Pinterest for posing, so she posed me in most of them, though I handled some of the details--like how I was smiling or where I was looking. So it was a team effort, though she did most of it :)

      Aw, thanks! I liked it too--it made me feel classy and pretty.

      Delete
  3. Hannah, it is fun to read your posts, You are creative, eloquent English writer. Me gusta mucho leerte porque aprendo. Gracias!!!! ~CarmeN~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Carmen! I appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment--and you are too sweet :) Gracias, amiga!

      Delete

Post a Comment