Counting Stars

Today has been . . . an adventure. In the unexpected.

I am not someone who likes unexpected occurrences at.all. and if you tell me I need to do something when I already had plans it is the surest way to irritate me. Yeah, someone needs to work on inflexibility issues.
This morning I got up late. I love being able to sleep but if I stay in bed too long I feel unproductive and guilty. Then I went on a four-mile jaunt, made my Vitamix, and sat down to do school. A telephone call or two promptly interrupted me, including one telling me that one of our naughty cows had gotten into the neighbor's yard/small-field-thingy. After I herded her back in and tried to temporarily “fix” the fence, I came back to munch lunch and look up some more reviews of the Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner I purchased from Walgreens yesterday. After that was more school until 2:30, and while I got all my biology for the week finished, all of the other assignments I did today took forever. My mini-lecture to read for mythology took anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half, and it normally takes 5-10 minutes. Then I had a chapter to read for web design and a piano lesson to teach. At the piano lesson I found out that I was wanted to play the piano and sing for church this weekend, though our worship pastor had never talked to me about it and I already had plans. *sigh*
Anyway. Now I can sit in front of the computer in our dark bedroom and feel cozy. I also have the prospect of going to visit my best friend tomorrow (!) which I'm excited about! I'm hoping to be able to take her out to dinner as part of her Christmas present. #yaysmile
Tonight I'll be researching some photography tips (one of my goals for this January) and maybe watching some YouTube webseries.

Gray jacket: Hand-me-down, by Jane Ashley
Pink graphic tee (look familiar? I wore the green version yesterday): JCPenney, by Made for Life ($7.00?)
Denim skirt: Thrifted, by Tommy Hilfiger ($5.99)
White flats: Kmart, by Bongo ($20.00)

What did you do today? What did you wear while doing it?

Comments

  1. I loooove that outfit! So cute!
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay...
    1. I like this outfit. Super cute and comfy. (And I am jealous of your bun making abilities. I am excited to try the tutorial you sent me soon! :)
    2. I really like the new look. Super clean and pretty.
    3. I love that Oscar Wilde quote. I should look him up and see i the rest of his works are as fun as The Importance of being Earnest. :)
    4. THANKS FOR COMING TO SEE ME. We had fun. We miss you already. You should come again. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    5. It's sunny today, and that makes me happy.
    6. A Quote I found and loved the other day. "Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it get's really boring so I go back to being me." :)
    love you,
    Bex
    p.s. this is a super random and strange comment. you're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thank you! I love sock buns. I'm not that great at other buns though I don't think. Hmm.
      2. Thank you again! I made it last night on a whim of looking very professional. I need to fix a few other things before I'm “finished” with the “new” design -- it won't really be that new.
      3. Me. Too. #favoritestfashionquoteever It's the best! I also should check out The Picture of Dorian Gray and Lady Windermere's Fan . . . I know the latter is really funny and the former seems full of symbolism and introspection from what I've heard so that should be cool.
      4. THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME! I had so much fun and it was nice to get away for the weekend. I just started housesitting btw. I should send you a picture of the cute little dog I get to take care of. Unlike lots of little dogs he's practically silent. It's really nice.
      5. Ugh, it is SO foggy here. I don't mind overcast-ness, but fog is icky. Especially when you have to drive in it. Although yesterday it was 65 degrees or so -- how is it so warm in January!?
      6. I love that quote! That sounds just like me.
      Love you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment