January Favorites

Film
All's Fair In Love And Advertising (Hallmark) Hallmark http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DCG36LO/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_qjr9tb0GSANEJ
All's Fair in Love and Advertising. What I like about this Hallmark film is that the protagonists are both men. It's just a nice change because the main characters in Hallmark movies are usually female.
Music
 “Grace” by Laura Story. I just love this song. It's such a beautiful example of what a relationship with our Father should be.
Beauty
 Simone: Free shipping offer on site. From site: Conair - Infiniti Curling Wand Styler in 1/2 in. to 1 in. #ultabeauty
Conair YouCurl 1/2-1”-inch curling wand. This makes the best curls ever, besides which while using it I only have to spend fifteen minutes on my entire head of hair. I have hair of average thickness and length, but all the same in my experience curling with a clamp takes quite a long time. With this wand making beautiful curls is actually a manageable feat!
Renpure Solutions  Cleansing Conditioner, Rosemary Mint, 16 Fluid Ounce
Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner. I bought this from Walgreens a couple weeks ago, and have seen some pretty cool results. This cleansing conditioner is supposed to be comparable to Wen by Chaz Dean, and while using it I've noticed my hair is softer, less frizzy, and shinier all over -- and with naturally curly hair, believe me when I say it is very hard to get my cuticle to lie flat enough so it actually reflects shine!
Homemade Hair Masks | DIY face masks, facial cleansers, DIY skin care products and natural skin care remedies at Makeup Tutorials. | #makeuptutorials | makeuptutorials.com
This is not my photo, by the way :)
Homemade Egg + Olive Oil Hair Mask. I just put this on my hair overnight and washed it out with my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo and my hair is so soft now!
Literary
 The Sign of Four (Arthur Conan Doyle, 1890)
The Sign of the Four by Arthur Conan Doyle. I enjoyed this more than A Study in Scarlet, due in large part to Doyle's beautiful portrayal of Watson and Mary's romance.
Though I've read this particular collection, I have to read the rest of them (read A Study in Scarlet and Hound of the Baskervilles and a lot of short stories here and there)
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. I love this collection of short stories because it's here where we really get to see Sherlock's genius.
Bestseller Books Online Matched Ally Condie $11.37  - http://www.ebooknetworking.net/books_detail-0525423648.html
Matched by Ally Condie. I did not expect to like this New York Times bestseller, but the romance was sweet (not sultry) and Cassia was feminine not feminist and I liked Ky a lot -- plus the book became more philosophical than I expected. It's nice to see that modern fiction isn't all stupid.
Blogs
 
Hannah Everly. This girl is gorgeous. She has such a big extroverted personality that just shines off the page. Plus her fashion sense is classy and tasteful and she runs a brand that sports a lot of bows.
how to build the perfect outfit
Fashionably, Ashleigh: Leather + How to Build the Perfect Outfit. Ashleigh's idea on creating gorgeous outfits was innovative and I would implement it more often if I could -- unfortunately, I have no similar clothes to the pieces sported on my Pinterest board!

Well . . . that's a wrap for this January. What have been some of your favorite bits about this month?

Comments

  1. I've been thinking about getting that curling wand. I found it at Walmart for like $25 and I was too cheap... I might check Target. Now that my hair is a manageable length I want to attempt curling it again though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think $25 is even that much for a good curling wand. This one is rell good. I want to see your hair in person btw.

      Delete

Post a Comment