Friday, January 2, 2015

January Goals

Hair & Beauty
Conair You Curling Wand - Gives hair lots of volume, and can be found at most Target locations!
Master the use of my Conair YouCurl curling wand.
Achieve clear skin. No matter what I do -- make green drinks, eat healthier, exercise daily, drink a gallon of water a day, use only all-natural products -- I still don't have clear skin. Maybe this month I can find a way to change that :-) Have any ideas, people?
Writing
Make it past the composting stage for TBBHAH. I have encountered multiple stumbling blocks to writing the second draft of this book -- lack of motivation, disorganization, too many new ideas, forgetting new ideas, having to go back and draw from old subplots. . . . It's been hard. I just need to make it past those first five steps and I'll be on my way!
Equine
 Teach Splash to sidepass toward me.
Blogging
Improve my photography skills. Vision is a huge part to successful blogging, but I've never been very capable in the area of photography, so this month I plan to do some research and implement what I learn.
Reading
Read at least three books. I set a Goodreads goal to read 29 books in 2015 -- that's one more than I finished this year. I don't read nearly as much as I used to -- I struggle to find time these days, plus I just don't like to do it as much -- but three books . . . that's not that hard, right? I'm halfway done with Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet, anyway.
Music
Finish sightreading through my Hanon.

Start arranging “Let It Go.” This was actually a December goal of mine that wasn't met.

Sing and play the piano simultaneously for worship music at church.
Vitamix
Make something other than a green drink.
Spiritual
Order the Genesis series by Dr. Randall D. Smith.
College
Start getting up at 5:30 a.m. and going to bed at 8:30 p.m. daily. Oh throw up. My justification for doing this: I have a one-hour commute and my class starts at 8:30 a.m. Monday and Wednesday and at 9:00 a.m. on Fridays (though I only have to do my Friday class four times during the quarter -- thankfully!). And for some reason I do have to have two hours to wake up, exercise, take a shower, make breakfast, and ready my things before heading out the door. Not really sure why.


Want to see how I did on my December goals? Click here for the updated version of the post!

What are your goals for this month/year?

8 comments :

  1. sounds like awesome goals, Hannah! Man, it's been awhile since I've visited one of your blogs, I forgot how much I like reading what you have to say. :) Hope you have a fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're too sweet, Hannah :-) Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Your college wake up/go to sleep hours sound very similar to mine in college! I like to have plenty of time to get ready in the morning, too, and I'm willing to get up early for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, haha, that's cool! I don't know why I take two hours to get ready, honestly ... I might actually switch it to 6 am instead of 5:30 because that might be easier to discipline myself to do. Plus, I mean, all I have to do is do devotions, work out, take a shower, and make my green drink -- how can that take more than an hour and a half!?! Hmm. Thanks for commenting, Rachel!

      Delete
  3. Have you tried to make soup in the Vitamix? It heats it up and everything! There are a lot of recipes online for it. :) Great post BTW! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to! Hopefully I'll find a few recipes to try :) Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, Wholesome Joy!

      Delete
  4. Those sound like really good goals! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete