Let It Go

Today when my alarm went off at 6:30 I rebelled and stayed under the covers for another five minutes. It would have been nice to stay under there for another hour or more, but, you know, mandatory test day calls. It's funny actually how when you get up early it feels like half the day has passed by 8:30 a.m., which is when my biology class officially starts.

And, in other random statements of the day, I'm almost to the point of not waking up in the dark anymore on Mondays and Wednesdays. That's kind of freaky.


The test went okay. I spent an hour and fifteen minutes straight last night (right before bed) attempting to memorize 108 flash cards. I got through 106 in that amount of time (your brain can amaze you sometimes, seriously -- I thought 108 was an insurmountable number at 8:45 and, look, at 10:00 I was through all but two!) and finished the other two off this morning. There were a few times I blanked during the test, but overall I guess it went pretty well.
Afterward was lab. I normally attend lab on Mondays, but Monday was MLK Day so we had a day off. We were studying the chemistry of foods today and I even got to use a Bunsen burner and look ridiculous in safety goggles.

And then I went grocery shopping. That took forever since I always go back and forth between stations to get everything. I'm becoming proficient at pushing grocery carts however.

Then I went to Walgreens with the intention of picking up the As I Am Coconut Oil Co-Wash (it's not actually called this I don't think but something very similar) and a couple other things. It turned out that they didn't carry that conditioner wash, but I got the Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner (the cheaper version of Wen by Chaz Dean) instead. My cashier was also really tall. A lady who was really tall -- like half a foot taller than me at least. And that was slightly intimidating. 
After I unloaded groceries and talked to myself I worked on my book for an hour.

This post paints me as really weird. Which I am.
Gold earrings: Gift
Black infinity scarf: Gift
Gray trench coat: Ross, by Kenneth Cole Reaction ($55.00)
Black cardigan: Hand-me-down, by American Dream
Green graphic tee: JCPenney, by Made for Life ($7.00?)
Pink cords: Thrifted, by St. John's Bay ($8.00?)
Black tenniflats: Kmart, by Bongo ($10.00)


What did you do today? What did you wear while doing it?

Comments

  1. pretty! I LOVE your cardigan! wow. 106 flashcards in two hours... that's great!
    and your hair is pwetty!!!

    and i kinda like your weirdness. :) See you Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think I could get through all of them but I did . . . which was a blessing :)

      haha, I was having a surprisingly good hair day today!

      See you Friday!

      Delete
  2. Since I'm commenting a day later than your post, I'll recap. I wore a simple LL. Bean light blue cable knit and black skinny trouser pants. For my work commute I wear a comfy pair of Bear Paw boots and change into my office shoes once I arrive. Wednesday can be a bit sluggish for me so something super comfy is best. (: Love your pink cords! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your outfit sounds lovely as always, Kiki. I love to hear what you all are wearing! Gives me some inspiration :)

      Thank you! They're pretty cool ;)

      Delete
  3. Enjoyable post to read, Hannah!

    Oh, 6:30 is an awful time of the day to get up. And it's funny how you titled this post with "Let it Go," because that happens to be the song that plays on my cell phone's alarm clock. It's a nice song, but when it blares in your ear first thing in the morning... *glare* I should change it, but I've just not gotten around to it.
    And, oh, that outfit is pretty. I love all the colors you mixed together, and those pants! Pink! I'd like a pair of pink pants. :-)
    Best of wishes on your school work, and I hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! I had fun writing it.

      I know. I feel bad about saying that because my dad gets up at 4 am and leaves for work before 6, but I'm not a morning person. I reaaaalllly love to sleep.

      Haha, I actually recorded my own alarm to be sure I knew what I had to do that morning. It says “Today is a school day; you need to wake up now.”

      Thank you! The green actually goes with the pink though it's not an obvious combination -- I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Cute cardigan! I have to get up at 6:30 for school every day- so I feel your pain!
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grace! (It's actually really funny to have two “Grace M”s comment in a row.) I can't imagine having to get up at 6:30 every day -- twice a week is quite enough, believe me :-P

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment