February

Golly, I can't believe February will be over in less than eleven hours. How can 2015 already be passing this fast? It drives me bazooka that time flies like this and that memories are barely created before they're gone. It does make me wonder, though, how anybody can ever think that God doesn't exist -- what purpose is there in a life that moves by so quickly without God?

That being said, here are just a couple of my faves this month -- I wasn't that diligent about keeping track of them, so there are not nearly as many in this post as there have been in others.
TELEVISION

Robin Hood by the BBC. Hmm . . . I actually have a like-hate relationship with this series. I made it through the first two seasons and enjoyed it because it was, well, an escape from reality. I started the first episode of season three and I was like, Thanks for ruining it, BBC. And I thought you were the best television-corporation of all time. Note: I watched almost all these episodes on YouTube since most of them are available on there.
MUSIC
 "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran. The first few times I listened to this song I wanted to cry every time. One of my favorite things to do when it comes on the radio is to try harmonizing to it.
 If there isn't audio to this, I'm sorry. I didn't want to share the music video because I think it's a little inappropriate, but prior to February 13 they removed all audio of this song from YouTube based on copyright, I think.
"Style" - Taylor Swift. The title, the title . . . need I say more? :) The music video was awful, just in my personal opinion, though I concede that it was pretty artistic. You've got that James Dean daydream look in your eyes, and I've got that red lip classic thing that you like. . . .

Pandora. I just signed up for Pandora this month and I love it! No DJs talking, just my favorite songs and stations. It's wonderful.
BLOGS
"On Beauty" by Rachel Coker.
 
"The Glory of God in Eating" by Rachel Coker. What can I say -- Rachel has a beautiful mind and an even more beautiful soul. I understood this post like I have understood few people before, and am thankful she shares her heart with girls across the globe.
ANY & EVERYTHING ELSE
50mm f/1.8 lens. This was a gift from Hallie -- a very generous one -- and I'm in love with it. It's going to become my new buddy like my Vitamix and my water bottle, I think. :) Do you see what it can do?
 FEBRUARY HIGHLIGHTS
I finished my speech class. Yep, the class out of the 90 credit hours I have to take for my degree which I'm pretty sure I dreaded the most. God blessed me with a dynamic class full of caring people. The interaction with them was a lot of fun, and I learned a couple things -- 1) I am not a bad speaker -- in fact I am actually very effective, and 2) I still need to work on simultaneously demonstrating and explaining something.
Leather always takes a look to the next level! #edgy #blackskirt #leather
This photograph was shared with 142,416 fellow fashionistas on ModCloth's “This Stylish World” Pinterest board and got 16 repins and 7 likes. It's been a dream of mine to be pinned to ModCloth's #stylegallery board for months, and I'm so happy it finally happened!
IN MARCH
I'm not really sure about this coming month. I know there will be a lot of assignments to work on and turn in before spring quarter ends on the 22nd. I'm excited about potentially seeing Cinderella with my beautiful best friend, caring mom, and motivated younger sister. (And I've heard that the Frozen short premieres during the showing of Cinderella . . . I'm pretty happy about that.) I also hope I get to head up to Olympia to see my brother-in-law graduate from Olympia Fire Department academy and visit with Hallie in the process.

WHAT HAVE BEEN YOUR HIGHLIGHTS AND FAVORITES FROM THIS PAST MONTH?
WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO IN MARCH?

Comments

  1. Haha I like that you chose "motivated" to describe Amy. I wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I remember when BBC Robin Hood first came out. It's still one of my favorites!! I'm still a little sad that it didn't last longer, though admittedly I was a bit disappointed with the final season. :P

    As far as plans go for March, I don't have a whole lot of them. Right now I'm hoping to get a lot of piano music learned during this month since it's, hopefully, going to be a pretty mellow month for me. :D

    Cheers!

    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a pretty good show. I still haven't even finished the first episode of season three because I was so bummed out about it all -- even halfway through the episode!

      You know which BBC production I wish had lasted longer? Merlin! We all knew it had to happen sometime but in my opinion S5 broke off on a rotten cliffhanger while it &lduo;tried” to wrap things up. . . .

      Good for you! I hope I can get all my classes finished with an A . . . that's my main goal this month ;)

      Delete
  3. Love 'Style,' and mostly liked the video too. It was more of an artistic approach and I admire Taylor's evolving style. :)

    I do have a love/hate relationship with BBC's Robin Hood. I loved S1, but after that, I had some "issues" with the storytelling, but then again, I still finished it and when all is said and done, I'm glad I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do too! Some people really don't like that she moved toward pop, but I do. I thought the music video was odd, honestly, but I'm glad you liked it :)

      Interesting. I can't decide if I like S1 or S2 of Robin Hood better -- Marian really irritates me, and so does Robin sometimes. And all of the settings just look so cheap! Anyway, I still haven't finished that episode. Maybe I'll try that this March ;)

      Thanks for commenting, Rissi!

      Delete

Post a Comment