March Favorites

Beauty

Wet 'n' Wild Lipstick in 540A, “Hot Red.” I can't wear any light or frosty lip colors -- they clash with my skin tone like you wouldn't believe. I've always wanted a red lipstick and my younger sister was sweet enough to buy me one for $.99. I don't like to recommend unnatural products, but this is a good basic lipstick in my opinion. The stain is excellent -- it doesn't come off easily! which is a good thing, I guess :)
FC5 Purifying Cleanser + Toner:  lightweight formula cleans and tones, visibly reducing oiliness to help keep skin looking young, fresh and clean.

Arbonne FC5 Purifying Cleanser + Toner and FC5 Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion. I only tried samples of these products (Arbonne is a wonderful all-natural but, let's face it, pretty expensive beauty line) but I loved them. I didn't have any acne when I used these samples! My only complaint was that my nose started peeling, almost like I'd been sunburned. My familial sources stated that I could be reacting to the many fruit cells mixed in the formula.

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo. I love Trader Joe's (the store) and everything in it pretty much . . . but especially their shampoo line. This Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo is even better than their Nourishing Spa Shampoo -- my hair felt so clean and soft after I used it! And $3.99 for a bottle of 100% natural goodness? Psh, that's nothing.

Jamberry Nails. My older sister became a consultant with Jamberry a couple weeks ago and showed us how to apply the nail wraps. They are amazing! I was like, why don't people throw out all their nail polishes and just use these. My family bought five sets of wraps from her. I'm so excited to get mine!

Workouts

5min Long Legs Workout by Blogilates. My legs were like jelly when I was done with this except I'm irritated because today I'm not even sore.

Television

 Marianne and Elinor Take Barton. This is a webseries adaptation of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen -- it is so good! Besides having actors who totally look their parts, all of them are English and speak with their gorgeous Cockney accents! I love it.

Music


“Wake Me Up” by Avicii. Most people don't know I love to dance -- I'm too shy/self-conscious/insecure to be silly and dance in front of people, but this is one of the bounciest songs I've heard in a long time and it quickly became my favorite this month.

Any & Everything Else

 “Thoughts on Courage & New York | Mimi Ikonn Vlog.” I like Mimi -- she's so beautiful and inspirational and she makes just about the best hair videos on the planet. Still, most of the time I find her a little to-each-their-own/nondiscriminatory (I mean of course I don't want to discriminate; it's just that Americans tend to think everyone is being discriminatory when in fact they are NOT)/accept-everyone-ish. This vlog actually hit home with me, I guess because in the past month I've been having such trouble figuring out where I want to go in life.

That's a wrap for this month. What were your favorite things about March?

Comments

  1. now I want to go buy shampoo at trader joe's!! And I am seriously considering looking into that cleanser/toner product. It is pretty pricy, but I'm getting tired of acne... :) (And i just got a paycheck. :)

    Also, Hallie sent me Jamberry samples and I put them on as accents on my ring fingernails and boy oh boy, they're the bomb. Just sayin'. I am planning to order some soon and I'm super excited. (A huge plus is that they weren't nearly as hard to apply as I thought they would be!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! TJ sells some awesome stuff. I'm a big fan of their shampoo line :)

      I'm getting tired of it too. I didn't used to think I had that much trouble with acne -- once I got into college though I started getting stress acne in awful cysts on the sides of my face. I want them to be GONE. And even though that Arbonne stuff is expensive, I think I might splurge and buy those two products too -- they're really great :) If you get them, you should tell me how they worked for you!

      I KNOW RIGHT? They are SO cool! I'm glad you're ordering some too :) I ordered a pair of ombre-rainbow wraps that *squeal* will match one of my new really bombastic dresses that I can't wait to show you guys in an outfit post!

      Thanks for commenting, Bex :)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure it's 100% impossible to get sore from a 5 minute workout because your body recovers so fast, even if it feels hard at the time. My legs are pretty sore today from Killer Body but I'm excited because they're not nearly as sore as last week. :)

    I'm so excited that you love Jamberry :) ME TOO. You should do a Jamberry giveaway. Or I could sponsor one. Or we could throw a blog catalog party. Or something fun like that. :)

    I'm very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it IS possible to get sore from a 5 minute workout because I think I've done it before on one of her workouts.

      I was going to do a Jamberry giveaway for my blogiversary. We could do something else though if you wanted to.

      Delete
    2. Okay. I will email you later maybe :)

      Delete

Post a Comment