These Days

Some of my favorite classics: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Northanger Abbey and Emma by Jane Austen, The Caxley Chronicles by Miss Read . . . and then the big beauty I haven't gotten to yet: Wives and Daughters (in its unabridged form, which was 100% impossible to find in my library district) by Elizabeth Gaskell.
Come on, you didn't really think I'd do a recent snapshots post without showing off my Vitamix's capabilities, did you?
#poodle
Behind the scenes of this photoshoot showcasing the main entrance to my closest cemetery. Yes I do photograph myself in graveyards . . . don't judge me.
Because Mom happened to make Pinterest-worthy strawberry shortcake for the Resurrection Day celebration. Seriously have you ever seen strawberry shortcake look that scrumptious?
Lo and behold, there was an egg with our very own Easter bunny.
First the crocuses, then the trees in The Dalles, now our tulips . . . most everything bloomed early this year on account of our spring-like winter.
Behind the scenes of this photoshoot, down on the Columbia River. Such a beautiful place. I went walking there again last Thursday between my trig and guitar classes and found a little beach where I waded for a while. What a peaceful time -- God's creation is . . . indescribable.
All these anthocyanins taste like heaven in a Mason jar. Oh gosh it was just like having ice cream for breakfast . . . only better because I didn't feel ill afterward.
I could do this all day.

Hey! Don't forget to enter Dance A Real's birthday bash giveaway!

Comments

  1. gosh. now you're making me miss the gorge!!!!! Such pretty pictures! :) Love the one of Amy, she's so cute!!

    And that purpley drink looks yummy!!!!!

    "I could do this all day." made me giggle. :)

    I have a letter for you sitting on my nightstand waiting for an envelope. o.O I'm gonna have to get it in the mail today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, isn't it beautiful? I am so fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. (Which I did not say to lord it over you ;) I just felt like I needed to be thankful.)

      The purple drink was AMAZING.

      I love him. I think I am going to marry him. Except he's getting married so I guess that won't work. DARN IT.

      Yay! That's awesome :) I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  2. The pie looks delish!! And the tulip picture is beautiful!!!

    mariya - nameisayiram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shortcake WAS delicious! And thank you -- you're sweet -- for the compliments and stopping by to comment :)

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous! The pictures of your flowers... wow! Beautiful. Oh, and that cake looks scrumptious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Rissi! The cake WAS scrumptious :)

      Delete

Post a Comment