I Think of You

I wish I could excuse my prolonged absence by saying, “I've been super busy the past two weeks,” like people like to say which probably isn't true half the time. My words dried up and I had no motivation to open a new draft on Blogger. I fell into a fashion rut and decided that I need to get back in the swing of things and continue challenging myself in the art of fashion. Funny, isn't it, to think that fashion is an art just like painting and photography? In both of those disciplines, one has to keep practicing and challenging oneself to improve. I guess fashion is no different.
Since I've been gone two weeks, I'll update you on the major happenings in my life. On opening day I went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron with my Sunday School group. It was good, and I liked that it dwelt more on science than just plain action -- at least in the first half -- like Marvel films and TV series typically do. I was surprised that it was two and a half hours long, and disliked the fact that Captain America didn't have nearly enough screen time.

That weekend (May 2-3) I attended a friend's wedding. It was a beautiful affair set in a lovely little white chapel, small and intimate and joyful. Me and my family (part of it that is) stayed with my grandma where she lives near Seattle that night, and Sunday morning I got to spend a few hours with a friend of mine whom I hadn't talked to face to face in two years. We walked down to the waterfront of Lake Washington and it was breathtaking.

Yesterday (Tuesday, May 12) I had my second trig test. Ugh... it was the hardest test I've ever taken from my teacher, which includes algebra and pre-calc. From the sound of things, every other student was frustrated as well. I have no desire to find out my score tomorrow afternoon.

Speaking of tomorrow . . . it's my guitar midterm. Beginning guitar. I have had limited experience "trying" to learn guitar, mainly only using sheet music and finger picking. I hadn't ever seen tablature, heard seventy-five percent of the guitar terms, or formed many real chords before entering this class six weeks ago. I hope my professor has mercy on me since I haven't been learning very long.
I have numerous ideas for future blog posts, but I'm hoping you'll keep a look out especially for a “my dress picks” series starting with high school graduation . . . and ending with summer weddings :) Plus there's a giveaway coming up. Stay tuned for that!

gray blazer | thrifted by george ($6.00?)
lace blouse | ross by tutta bella ($11.99)
red tank | forever21 ($1.90)
skirt & belt | ross, by metrowear ($17.00?)
cobalt ballet flats | payless, by american eagle ($12.00)

P.S. I have no idea why the pictures are so grainy. This is happening on other blogs too, and I don't know why. I think Google's having a bad day. I know it's not my Google+ auto-enhancement problem because that's definitely off. If you know what it is and how to fix it, please tell me!

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back, Hannah. Glad you've had a fun month so far... well, mixed in with some of the not-so-fun things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back! Thanks for commenting, Rissi :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your skirt. I haven't been to Ross in a while but apparently I need to check it out again. By the way, it's good to see you back on here! Don't feel bad about feeling uninspired and taking a break. Sometimes the best thing to do is to simply take a break and refocus...it's better than trying to force something that's not authentic.

    I didn't know you were taking guitar! Good for you!! Will we get to hear/see a sample of you play sometime in the future? Learning to play guitar is one of the things on my bucket list...

    I also saw Avengers: Age of Ultron last weekend and I liked it for the most part. Parts of it were strange and I wasn't a big fan of Ultron randomly making Scripture references that didn't really apply to the situation...just thought it was a bit tacky and then the dude at the end who referred to himself as "I Am"...yeah, that wasn't very cool.

    BUT aside from that, I loved the movie and thought it was well done, though you're right, they could have used more Captain America. I think they're getting ready to retire some of the Avengers. I'm beginning to get suspicious since at the end of Age of Ultron they introduced several new Avengers.

    Cheers!
    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dani! I appreciate the understanding, and there's so much truth in your words :) I want to be as authentic as I can, and most of the time I find I can't stay that way if I force myself to blog when I don't have inspiration, as you said.

      Haha, maybe someday! I would love to do record another song since I recorded Loreena McKennitt's/Alfred Lord Tennyson's "Lady of Shalott" last December for a school project. So yes, if that's something you'd like to see, I'll put it on the list for future blog posts :)

      I found Ultron's many Biblical references interesting. I thought it applied well to the antichrists that the Bible warns us about -- they come saying they're like Jesus (in Ultron's case, spouting Scripture) but oooh they are nothing like Him. Also, I think I missed the new Jarvis's saying that -- it was Jarvis, right? Regardless, that is NOT cool.

      I know! It makes me so sad. How can they do that to us? I think they're retiring Tony because he's already had his three movies, though thankfully Captain America and Thor still have a movie left apiece. I'm not a huge fan of Thor, but I like him better than the Hulk, that's for sure.

      Thanks for commenting, Dani! Always nice to talk to you :) By the way, did your Jamberries arrive yet?

      Delete

Post a Comment