Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Campus Style | The Real World

Today is the advent of a new series. I figure my outfits to CGCC (and, eventually, a university) should at least be more than pretty to look at -- they could be helpful as well (I mean seriously). This series is for you ladies heading off to class and desiring to beat the oh-so-tempting look of sweatshirts and sweatpants.
My denim jacket is allegedly “too spring” for life after Memorial Day, but there's a story behind it. haha I'm not wearing a T-shirt underneath -- that's my cobalt camisole from Forever21. Additionally, my math classroom is always always always too cold. (It doesn't matter WHAT I wear in there. They can NEVER get the temperature right, and I swear Mr. Evans is the only person who likes to have both the AC going and the window wide open. . . . Though to tell the truth he has a reason; every time I speak in front of people all my blood rushes to my face and I get SO HOT.) 
I think I was still dancing around in this picture. For those of you who read my last post, you'll be happy to know I'm so much more energetic than I was -- the extra fuel from added carbs helps my energy levels so much! Thus I've been bouncing around like a fool pretty much all the two and three-quarters hours I've been home since math. (That or screaming Rachel Platten lyrics.)
(This is supposed to be a helpful post, and all I've done so far is comment on my weird self.) Moving right along . . . unless you have a special presentation or it's one of those days you feel like dressing up, staying comfortable is a good idea when on campus -- there's almost a guarantee you'll be walking around a lot (I don't know where they get the idea of the “freshman fifteen” anyway -- college students have to walk so dang much for economizing on gas the equation should realistically come out to them losing weight), so thin high heels are not the best for health or comfort. I've worn heels many times to class but I always feel like a dork, plus it's just hard to walk in them and I like to be able to get around fast. Keep in mind that, like I said before, classrooms might be just a little too cool in spring and early fall, so it's a good idea to wear or bring a jacket/sweater.

That's all for this installment in Campus Style! You can tweet me at @HannahBarta with the hashtag #campusstyle to tell me what you wear to classes (even better, send a picture with it!).

earrings | gift
denim jacket | thrifted, by style & co ($6.00?)
cobalt camisole | forever21 ($1.90)
jeans | fred meyer by lee style up ($29.50)
shoes | kmart by bongo ($10.00)
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there.

10 comments :

  1. I'm loving those dark pants and earrings! I just got a pair of flare dark jeans and I love them!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! I rarely wear earrings and decided I need to get my act together :) And dark wash jeans are my favorite! They're so classy and slimming. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You look very lovely in these pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty outfit, classy, simple, functional. win-win-win!! :) Those jeans are my favorite. I want to find a pair of really dark-wash ones that fit well sometime in the near future. :)

    Your hair is gorgeous in these. Whatever you did to it, it's great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bex! I LOVE MY JEANS. You might want to check out Fred Meyer and see if they still sell these Lee Style Ups. They have no zipper (!!!) and are just pull-ons. I LOVE that about them. No weird zipper/button line under clothes!

      Thank you, haha. I was going to say something about my hair in the post because it looked better than normal, but I decided to save the hair discussion for another Campus Style post. I didn't actually do anything to it -- (my life) -- I washed it with my Renpure Solutions Cleansing Conditioner Monday and left it unrinsed yesterday with some leave-in conditioner. The wind also made it look WAY better than it actually did. haha

      Delete
  4. Great advice! I always enjoyed dressing up to go on campus but then I would end up walking around so much and by the end of the day I just felt disheveled and uncomfortable. Comfort is definitely key. But not too comfortable. I'm a firm believer that dressing up just a little elevates optimism and self-confidence.

    Also, don't feel like a dork wearing heels to class! Though I agree, they're not very comfortable to walk around in. ;)

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dressing up too -- to an extent ;) It's not feasible when I'm on campus for 7 hours straight. I agree! My speech instructor advised our class to dress up for at least one speech and see how much more confident we felt.

      Haha, thanks. Everyone tells me that but I still feel strange. Funnily enough I find I feel less dorky if I have a female teacher rather than a male. . . .

      Delete
  5. Those earrings look great with that outfit... and who doesn't love a jean jacket? I just wore one (with short sleeves and a "ruffle" trim) to a wedding (I had a long dress to pair with it) and it looked fine. Some pieces you can dress up or down and I think a jean jacket is one such piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! I LOVE jean jackets, and your outfit sounds so fun! What a pretty addition to a denim jacket too -- I never thought of adding ruffles before. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete