Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Even the Stars, They Burn

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are . . .
How old is your soul?
 Well I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
 I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
 I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find
'Cause even the stars, they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
 No, I won't give up
 I don't want to be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
 Our differences, they do a lot to teach us how to use
 The tools and gifts we have, yeah . . . we have a lot at stake
 And in the end, you're still my friend -- at least we did intend
For us to work . . . we didn't break, we didn't burn
 We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
 I had to learn what I have, and what I'm not, and who I am
 I won't give up on us
 Even if the skies get rough
 I'm giving you all my love
 I'm still looking up
I'm still looking up 
 Well, I won't give up on us
 God knows I'm tough enough
 We've got a lot to learn
 God knows we're worth it
 I won't give up on us
 Even (when) the skies get rough
 I'm giving you all my love
 I'm still looking up
- Jason Mraz, “I Won't Give Up” (altered for English and personal touch)

Photographs taken by Hallie Jo Photography.

10 comments :

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! ohmygosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are simply wonderful, Hannah!!! You look gorgeous and radiant, and oh-so-confident!

    I'm so excited for you and for what lies in store in the coming months. You are amazing, unique and brilliant, (and I'm not just saying that to be nice!) and such a wonderful friend. Love you, dearie!!

    (oh and the second from the bottom is my favorite! So cute! :) Also your dress is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bex! You are so sweet :D and far too nice to me. Love you too!

      Thanks! I love the third from the bottom :) Hallie is really good.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! You look beautiful!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  3. Hannah!! You are so gorgeous! Ahh!!!
    Your hair looks amazing like that!
    And congratulations! How exciting :)
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Grace! You are very sweet :) It was only the third time in my life I've straightened my hair! I want to invest in a flatiron, but will have to see if I can afford one this month ;)

      Thanks! It was a good day. Hopefully in the next few years I can remember how wonderful it was and make all the work for my Bachelor's (and Master's eventually hopefully?) worth it.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Hannah! Looks like a very happy day for you and your family. Fun set of pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rissi! It was a good day :)

      Delete
  5. Hannah! Congratulaaaatiiioonnss! You are so gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete