Saturday, June 20, 2015

Waking Up in Vegas

It's a safe bet I didn't think this particular Katy Perry song would be appropriate for any outfit post on this blog.
Today I'm on a fantasy trip to Las Vegas and lodging at the beautiful Venetian Hotel. I'll be taking you along for the ride on this Saturday in Vegas, showing you how I transition from a day sightseeing and sampling delicious food to attending Gordon Ramsay Steak and ordering his premier filet mignon.

First, since the Nevada air is desert-like and much harsher than eastern Washington, I primed my hair with a deep conditioning base to save it from a day of frizz: my holy grail of conditioners, the Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner. Then I French-braided from my forehead to the back of my crown and piled it all into a messy bun to keep myself cool for a long day.

Next, I kept my makeup simple for the daytime, using my Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation (which has added SPF) to conceal any imperfections and even my skin tone, adding a dark brown liner and plenty of the Almay Intense I-Color Volumizing Mascara to make my eyes pop. Finally, I settled on the shiny Pomegranate variation of the Burt's Bees lip balms as a lip primer, and swiped over the top of it my Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint in Sugared Fig. This lip tint is almost the exact shade as my natural lip color, but it adds some shine and pulls the look together nonetheless.
For an outfit in Vegas, don't forget that it comes down to personal style! It can be easy to fall into the assumption that since its nickname is Sin City, a girl has to wear mini-dresses and low-cut blouses. For me, visiting Las Vegas would probably never entail clubbing because I'm pretty sure it would be nearly impossible not to shatter my moral compass -- or be tempted to -- in such a situation. So you know what? I've decided to stick with my wardrobe and wear a fun faux-leather flare skirt that hits right above the knee, perfect for keeping me cool. My bright orange t-shirt keeps everything casual while the three-inch black patent heels are low for comfort but still look stylish.
Transitioning from day to night is more about the little additions you make here and there than about spending hours stressing out over perfecting yourself. For my daydream date night to Gordon Ramsay Steak, I quickly shifted from a skirt to this Connected cocktail dress. Could I have stayed with the patent black pair of heels I wore in my daytime outfit? Of course -- but these ones by Nine West add half an inch of height for extra flair. I added a braided black headband and, taking my hair out of its messy bun, twisted it up into the headband for a cheat Gibson tuck. A black cateye, red lipstick, and black wristlet signed off this look with minimal getting ready time.
 Daytime Outfit
earrings | gift
neon orange t-shirt | jcpenney, by made for life ($6.00)
black faux-leather skirt | jcpenney, by worthington (free w/ GC)
black patent heels | gift

“Date Night” Outfit
black headband | fred meyer ($1.80)
earrings | gift
statement necklace | jcpenney, by arizona jean co. (free w/ GC)
bubble wrap dress | ross, by connected ($22.99)
black buckle heels | thrifted, by nine west ($8.00)

What would you wear on a weekend to Vegas?

8 comments :

  1. This is super fun! Love your outfits and you look stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright paired with the cute black skirt. That's a really nice (and fun) contrast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these looks! You look so good in vibrant colors and I like how you adapted your own style (and morals) to Vegas. Haha, I will probably never go clubbing either...

    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your blogging, Hannah! Come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Laura :) I am wishing I had more inspiration right now! :P

      Delete