Geometric Complexity


Lange nicht gesehen, ja? I try not to worry when inspiration leaves me in the lurch. Getting stressed out about not writing a blog post for thirty-seven days? Pssht, there are way more important things to think about for me -- at least in this period of my life.
So this is what I wore on Sunday the 26th while I accompanied our worship leader at the piano. I didn't stay for the whole service, though, since I'd listened to the sermon covering Hebrews 13:1-3 at Saturday night church. I had to head to a babysitting job that started at 2ish, and I spent six hours taking care of a trio of adorable little boys.

Today I got up at six-thirty to switch irrigation sets, and then spent about forty minutes loading old cedar posts into the back of our old black pickup. After that, I haven't done a lot of “important” things today except straightening our room, murdering cattails by slashing off their heads with a pruner, wheelbarrowing an old rotten hay feeder over to the burn pile, and making Hawaiian sweet rolls (which are still in progress).
Dress // Ross (Shelby & Palmer brand, $17.99ish) Flats // Payless (American Eagle brand, $12.00) Nail Polish // Gift (Wet 'n' Wild Megalast brand in "Sugar Coat")
Since I graduated from the local community college in the middle of June, it's been a struggle figuring out what to do next. Oregon State University still can't process my application because it thinks it doesn't have a transcript of mine which it should have, but admittedly OSU could be out of the picture because the pricetag for out-of-state tuition is raunchy. Then I considered Washington State University on the Vancouver campus, but it doesn't offer a mathematics degree -- ?? what? So while I get things figured out, I might return to CGCC briefly to take my Calc I. 

What about you? What have you guys been doing or planning lately?

I hope I'll be a little more active in my summer blogosphere after this. I was pretty sure at the start of the season that I wouldn't post nearly as much, if only for the fact that during the summer I hardly go anywhere and have no occasion to dress up. 

I need to go monitor my sweet rolls pretty soon to make sure they're not becoming ridiculous risers :) In the meantime I'm going to do my social media sharing and go pinning for a while. Hope you guys have a nice day! 

Comments

  1. That dress is just to cute!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! It's one of my favorites :)

      Delete
  2. Love Hawaiian sweet rolls, though don't think I've ever tried to make them. Hmm... perhaps I should. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty yummy :) The recipe mislead me into thinking that they're better the day they're baked . . . I actually found them better today!

      Thanks for commenting, Rissi!

      Delete
  3. No math degree? That's a load! They're dumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad someone understands. Lolz.

      Delete
  4. gosh, you sound like you're so busy!!

    Vancouver doesn't have a math dregree... of course! Ugh. That means you won't be coming after all. *tears and sobbing in the background* I'll try to survive. :)

    Anyway, you look beautiful here as always, Hannah. I love that dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that busy ... I don't know. I'm not very good at being productive these days :P

      I know, right! My thoughts exactly. I think God's trying to tell me something . . . just not sure what, yet.

      Thank you! It's so fun and happy :)

      Delete
  5. Hannah, I am with you on the whole indecisive in-need-of-direction department. I'm getting ready to get back into school, but I can't decide where I should go and whether or not I should change my major since I haven't been very satisfied with it in the past...and if I change it, what to change it to?!?

    So many decisions. So many questions.

    At the end of the day, I think we just have to act, obey God and trust Him with the outcome. I'm looking forward to seeing where God leads you. Good luck with your college endeavors. You will go far!

    Dani <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, I can't imagine being a music major -- that has to be one of the most difficult majors on the block.

      Thank you for the words of advice and encouragement :) It is hard to trust God, especially because I thought by this time I would be "out" on my own, either going to school to work toward a bachelor's degree or studying image consulting to work toward starting my own business. It makes me wonder if He really just wants me to stay here at home for a while . . . and learn how to be contented.

      Thank you again, Dani! I'm grateful you stopped by :)

      Delete

Post a Comment