Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Hello friends! We're officially only a week out from Christmas. Time is flying this December, though I suppose I think that every year. I've been busy enough since my Christmas break unofficially started on Thursday, December 10, following my calculus final: I've explored Hood River, finding the best natural foods market on the heights and wondering at the gorgeous Christmas lights; tripped up to Olympia to watch Hallie perform in her church's Christmas production; returned to working normal hours since the week preceding and the week of finals ended; driven to Vancouver to visit the bestest Bex; and . . . tried to be productive and failed. haha
It is unfortunately time to say farewell to this lovely scalloped-edge lace blouse. It has a hole in it, and the overlay is too delicate for me to mend it (especially since my sewing skills are less than stellar). It was a Ross find only last September, but I've gotten plenty of wear out of it and for only $11.99, it was definitely a bargain. I'll have to be on the hunt for something equally pretty in the next couple of months.
I had lofty goals for Christmas break; I planned to ride my horse several times, start working out again, find nineteen items in my house to give away, purge my computer files, and oh (the loftiest goal of all of them!) be exceedingly lazy and watch Netflix for who-knows-how-many episodes straight. I haven't really been successful. I really wanted to rest my brain and make the most of break by keeping my hands busy, yet I still feel like there aren't enough hours in every day even though I have no schoolwork to do. I have been traveling to and fro, so maybe once I settle down at home for a weekend or two I can focus on being more useful :) What have you been up to lately? Frosting cookies or devouring them? Playing the piano or your guitar? Just getting out of school and taking a deep breath of relief, or finding yourself (insanely) afraid you'll hate this break because of the absence of homework (yes, I did feel this somewhat last week, and yes, you might find this crazy)?

Well . . . Hannah's musings have ended for today. I'm off to finish reading/watching some blog/YouTube subscriptions, browse social media, and maybe catch part of an episode of Arrow or Gilmore Girls before bed. (I've been watching Gilmore Girls since August and am still only in season three . . . what does that tell you? Hmm.)

Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad to read a post from you again! I love the little pop of color your tanktop gives. That's too bad about your lace shirt, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back for a while, Ashley! :) I'm glad you liked the outfit. I found the teal Christmas-y despite the fact that it's not red or green . . . haha. I know, it is too bad--but as I said, I need to pare down my belongings, and the shirt is still nice enough that someone could probably get use out of it.

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I'm always in desperate need of cleaning my computer. Fortunately I know have some USB drives which will help. :D And yay for binge Netflix watching and all that jazz. Hope you're having a fabulous Christmas season (and break!), Hannah. 2015 did go by WAY too fast. Here's hoping 2016 is slower. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I should really start using my thumb drive more for certain documents I NEED to back up . . . who knows where it crawled off to though :P

      I am having a good break, but it is going by WAY too fast, as the rest of 2015 did :) Binge watching Netflix hasn't happened yet, and right now I am procrastinating cleaning my room...gosh. So many goals, so little time :P And yes, I agree 2016 needs to go by WAY slower--except perhaps in the school department. I like school, but I have at least 5 1/2 years left right now, and looking ahead gets a little overwhelming. Especially when I think, How will I have the money to do this? et cetera, et cetera. Okay, I'll stop ranting now. Hahaha

      Thanks for coming by, Rissi!

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit. It's really soft... if that makes sense. I guess I mean the color palette is soft. (I wear styles similar to this, but do black, which is more stark...) I love the pop of teal, and that lacy blouse is soo pretty, it's kinda sad that you have to get rid of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does :) Thank you! I liked the pop of teal too. I think all the gray and white tones made it look wintry.

      Agh, and I am no longer getting rid of the shirt. I tried to and was just like no, I shouldn't . . . because the hole is not in a noticeable place and I really like it. But then I was like . . . I should not be this attached to something material :P Oh well. I guess if I can still use it, I can still keep it. I don't like it when my clothes have holes or pills though.

      Delete

Post a Comment