Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Back // 2015

January

making goals | apprehending 17 credits winter quarter | biology classes at 8:30 a.m. | starting speech | unseasonably warm weather | learning cascading style sheets | using a bunsen burner and wearing safety goggles

February

walking fourteen miles | housesitting for two weeks | experimenting with a fifty millimeter lens | recognizing my limitations | pandora | noticing a gift from God in public speaking

March

wondering at the genius of the iliad and the odyssey | maintaining my grade point average through 17 credits | seeing Hallie | watching Sam graduate from fire academy

April

the love of God | dinner with my bffs | photoshoots on the riverside | loving trigonometry | dar's first year anniversary | wading in the Columbia | beginning the whole30

May

seeing avengers | spending time with old friends | viewing the breathtaking waterfront of lake washington | excelling in my guitar midterm | success in the whole30

June

singing rachel platten | stephen and andrea's wedding | american pharoah won the triple crown | graduating from cgcc | my associate of arts degree | the leonardo da vinci award and a scholarship | reunions with old friends | styling for a day in vegas

July

getting a haircut | waiting for responses from oregon state | looking at universities | realizing leaving is not God's plan for me for a while | netflix | babysitting | irrigation | tearing down barbed wire fences | lake tripping

August

a week with Hallie, Sam, Carisa, Ben | lake days | sherlock | ranting with like-minded people | acceptance to oregon state | the county fair | my camera broke

September

first official job as a secretary | differential calculus | long stressful hours contemplating a biotech class | my nineteenth birthday | Hallie coming to surprise me

October

hours of calculus | taking derivatives in ten seconds | my life is school, work, sleep, discipline | american pharoah captures the grand slam | memorial service for a dear, dear friend

November

joining phi theta kappa | friendships with wonderful calculus classmates | talking to someone about Christianity | mockingjay part 2 | thanksgiving | one of the most difficult nights of my life | compassionate family | Jesus loves me

December

praying for finals to come soon | studying for hours on end | conversing and commiserating with awesome classmates over facebook | finally, i breathe | three weeks of rest | psalm 18 | prayer | merry christmas | my family home | star wars: the force awakens | nostalgia as i watch the clock turn from 11:59 to 12:00

8 comments :

  1. Looks like you had a busy year. Congrats on our graduation, Hannah! I hope 2016 is a great year for you. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy year, full of pretty big ups and very low downs, but I hope I learned a lot. Looking back, I think I'm a pretty different person from whom I was then :)

      I hope so too! And the same wishes back at you :) Happy 2016 and thanks so much for sticking with this blog for so long, Grace!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on, what sounds like an amazing year for you, Hannah. Happy 2016! May it be full of new memories and many smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! And the same to you -- hope 2016 is your best year ever :)

      Delete
  3. This was super fun to read, Hannah! You have done soo much in the past two years, and you are incredibly inspiring at your perseverance and go-get-er attitude.

    I hear you on feeling like a different person ... This last year has been NOTHING like I thought it would be, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because the things that have happened have been super exciting, (And stressful! :), but I feel like I grew a lot this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you liked it! And thank you so much--you are so sweet, Bex :D

      Yeah, I know, right? I am glad we both grew (or feel like we grew haha...)...I know we both went through a lot but I likewise am amazed at YOUR perseverance in following the Lord in everything.

      Love you!

      Delete
  4. Cute photos :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete